I love making healthy snacks! I especially love adding in powdered herbs to make them extra awesome 🙂 The powdered herbs I always have on hand are:
Astragalus- boost immune system, protect cardiovascular system
Tulsi/Holy Basil- balances hormones, lowers stress
Ashwagandha- help the body cope with stress, reduce inflammation
Medicinal Mushroom Blend- Reishi, Cordyceps, Turkey Tail, Chaga & Lion’s Mane- boost immune system and they all have their own specific benefits
They all have so many great benefits that I just listed a few but I definitely encourage you to do your own research to find more amazing reasons to add them to your cooking.
Here are two of my favorite snack recipes:
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Dates
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Astragalus Powder
- 1 tsp Holy Basil/Tulsi Powder
- 1 tsp Medicinal Mushroom Blend
- 1 tsp Ashwagandha Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Hemp Hearts- enough to sprinkle on the balls
*Put all ingredients in a food processer/blender and blend until the mixture can be formed into balls.
*Form into balls and roll in Hemp Hearts. Then put in the fridge for 30mins to harden.
Trail Mix Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup seeds of choice (I use 1/4 cup sunflower seeds and 1/4 cup pepitas)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( walnuts, pecans, cashews or almonds)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp astragalus powder
- 1/4 tsp tulsi powder
- 1/4 tsp ashwagandha powder
- 1/4 tsp medicinal mushroom blend
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is dairy free, soy free, gluten free brand)
- 1/3-1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4-1/3 cup nut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Hemp Hearts for topping
- Toast seeds/nuts on a sheet pan a 350°F for 5 minutes (optional).
- In a large bowl combine the seeds, nuts, oats, chia seeds, coconut, sea salt, dried fruit, powdered herbs and chocolate.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, heat honey, nut butter, and vanilla for 1 minute. Pour over the nut mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour into a loaf pan or a small sheet pan lined with parchment paper and flatten with a greased spatula. Sprinkle Hemp Hearts on the top.
- Refrigerate or freeze until hard enough to cut. Store in refrigerator.